Sunday, May 23, 2010

summer.

I have a few things to be excited about this summer; the first one being my incredible internship with a non-profit on west 6th street in Austin called The Miracle Foundation, and the second being my study abroad trip to Germany, Switzerland, France, and a few other various places.

But I think the most exciting thing that every summer brings is change- a breathe of fresh air from school, an opportunity to reflect, and a responsibility (now that I'm getting older- bleh) to learn from the things I've experienced over the last semester. I think that C.S Lewis describes lasting change perfectly when he says-

"Your real, new self will not come as long as you are looking for it.
It will come when you are looking for Him."

My goal for this summer is to come back refreshed and encouraged from seeking the Lord in the hard parts of this summer (my surgery, getting braces- I will discuss these things further- in times of loneliness and temptation) as well as the good and exciting times-which I feel sometimes can be even harder to do! 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
And He will show you which paths to take."
-proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment